Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
shockwave5
Visitor.

how to script auth0 login that has callback

I am writing a script where the login does async callback to get a token ID.  In http protocol, I am having trouble getting the login to work, but in truclient the it works perfectly.

has anyone experienced this and how did you resolve?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. lb1 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: how to script auth0 login that has callback

Hi Shockwave, 

there aren't much informations to understand correctly the issue: what's the error with Web HTTP-HTML protocol? In what part the script failed? 

Anyway, I suggest you to add this function, 

web_add_header("Authorization", "username:password"); 

before the first recorded method on the script, with which you can pass the correct authentication data with Windows form. You can use some decryption software to convert the "username:password" string. 

In my experience, since I work in a private net, there're many web policies and these can affect browser usage, so some application are recorded with Web HTTP-HTML (that work in transport layer) and some many others not, but can runs in TruClient. 

Tell me if this simple hint can help you with the problem, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
shockwave5
Visitor.

Hi Lorenzo,

The header did not work.

The script is failing at a callback.  When a user logs in, a service is triggered to gather clientid, state and a temp key.  This information is sent to a callback which generates a permanent token which is passed with each request subsequent.

I am not able to capture the initial information to send to the callback, so it is failing.  I need a generic web_reg_save_param that I can search through for the information, but all attempts so far have failed.

Any suggestion?

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. JHF Remmelzwaal Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

It is hard/impossible to setup web_reg_save_param_* functions for async callbacks. When your async-callbacks are limited to the login process and fixed in sequence, you might let VuGen generate your script without async steps and handle the callbacks inline in your script.

In this way it should not be so difficult to capture the tokes you need

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.