Vitali Banad Absent Member.
Absent Member.

problem with LoadRunner Citrix Agent

Hello folks,

does anybody knows how to correctly install HP LoadRunner citrix Agent?
I use LR 9.52 and Citrix Agent 9.50 for Citrix Presentation Server 32. But Citrix Agent is not starting after the installation and send following message:
09/10/10 09:25:13 Agent is up and running
09/10/10 09:25:13 SessionID = 1
09/10/10 09:25:13 [Citrix server] - :-91932,VirtualChannelWrite Failed - 1

Does anybody knows the reason?

Thanks in advance,
Vitali Banad

P.S. This trhead ahs been moevd from Performance Center Support and News Forum to LoadRunner Support Forum. - Hp forum moderator

0 Likes
12 Replies
AvA_3 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: problem with LoadRunner Citrix Agent

Hi Vitali,

What version of Citrix Client do you use?
If you have Citrix Client 10 or greater than you should run additional *.reg file (it is security police of Citrix).

P.S: Attached file should help if not ask the support 🙂

~AvA~
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hello AvA,

I use HP Software Agent 9.50 for Citrix Presentation Server 32.
Could you tell me where to download Citrix Agent 10.0?

Best Regards,
Vitali Banad
0 Likes
AvA_3 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

mmm, maybe there is some miss understanding from my side 😞
I wrote about Citrix Client from Citrix, not about Citrix Agent from HP.
Sometimes the error of VirtualChannel appears in the record log of VuGen because *.reg file is not installed.

~AvA~
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Should I run this reg file on the client machine?
And where the LoadRunner Agent should be installed? I thought that on the Citrix Server.

I use Citrix Client 11.

Best Regards,
Vitali Banad
0 Likes
AvA_3 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LoadRunner Citrix Agent should be installed on Citrix Server machine.
You should run "reg" file on the machine with LR and Citrix Client 11 in order to execute Citrix-script in VuGen or Controller.
If you use loadGenerator on another machines, you should install Citrix Client 11 and reg file there too.

~AvA~
0 Likes
Absent Member.

AvA,

you are right. I made the same, but LoadRunner doesn't record still.
I get the following message:
"Text based synchronization is not available in your environment. It requires the installation of the HP LoadRunner Citrix Agent on the Citrix server".

It seems that LR can't see the HP Citrix Agent. Do you know the reason?

Best Regards,
Vitali Banad
0 Likes
AvA_3 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

mmm, maybe you try to install the HP Citrix Agent on Citrix Xenapp (Presentation Server 5.0 or higher), but if I remember correct the Citrix Agent from LR 9.5 should be installed on Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 or lower..

~AvA~
0 Likes
Absent Member.

As I found at Citrix web site, LoadRunner is compatible with Xenapp version 5.0. I working with 4.5.6 version.

The problem hasen't been resolved yet.
Does anybody have any other ideas?

Best Regards,
Vitali Banad
0 Likes
Ahmed_67 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI Vitali ,

Firstly LR 9.52 supports citrix server till 4.5. The citrix agent corresponding to LR version you are using should be installed on citrix server. You can find the citrix agent binaries in the additional components folder of LR installation DVD.

Cheers ,
Safeer
Absent Member.. aguru Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello Ahmed,

Our citrix version is 4.5. and LR 11.52. What could be the problem? I have set the app to be launched in Non-seamless mode but LR doesn't detect any activities in Citrix window. Any help or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

It is possible that a third party application to be interfering with the recording.

Please check the following knowledge document KM00690370

You can also review LoadRunner Citrix Scripts -- How To Avoid Citrix Issues available at http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1203985

You can also check the LoadRunner 11.52 ReadMe http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00428787

And LR 11.52 Product availability Matrix:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00441818

Kind regards,

HPE Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
0 Likes
derspinne Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I have an issue in fact with LoadRunner 12.0.2079.0  DisplayName: HP Software Agent for Citrix Presentation Server.

After the MSI is installed on a Windows Server 2008 R2 through SCCM 2012 the application seems to be not working. Apparently the Citrix Admin is not able to communicate with LoadRunner on the server where the MSI was installed.

If I display my MSI  log file it will display at the end : MainEngineThread is returning 0

So how come the MSI was installed successfully but the communication is not happening. How can I check or test my installation was really successfull locally as I don't have the possibility to have the LoadRunner server side to check unless I ask the Citrix Admins and for that it can take time and obviously there's no more information they provide about the error.

The weird thing is if they do a Repair from the MSI GUI then the communication works.

Notice that all the requirements for this application has been installed already.

Is there a switch that I need to include on the silent install?

This is the installation string that I'm using on SCCM 2012 >>  msiexec /i "Agent_for_Citrix_Server.msi" /norestart /l*v C:\Logs\HPSoftwareAgent12.01.log

Thanks in advance.

Joel

Tags (2)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.