Speedmaster Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: "TCS has stopped working" error when starting TruClient IE script in LR12

Jump to solution

James, have you had any more trouble, or luck with this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. James Leatherma Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Since I started running TruClient on a VM with only Avast, I no longer see this issue.

There is definitely a vulnerability to interprocess communication interrpuption. TruClient needs constant connectity to that browser instance, or things get nutty. I think some corprorate security settings are too tight for TruClient to run effectively.

Speedmaster Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

>> "Since I started running TruClient on a VM with only Avast, I no longer see this issue. There is definitely a vulnerability to interprocess communication interrpuption."

Veyr interesting, thanks, James. I suppose you could consider the behavior involved there a bit "malware-like," I guess I'm not shocked it can raise flags.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. AlainSirois Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I get error "TCS has stopped working" most of the times when I open a script in VuGen and click on button "Develop Script". Problem was solved by adding "mrdv.exe" and "TcWebIELauncher.exe" to the ScriptScan whitelist of McAfee.

McAfee scan log was empty (.exe are clean), but the ScriptScan log of McAfee had an entry. This is why the exectuables were not whitelisted at the top level, but only at the ScriptScan level.

Info: TruClient for IE 11, LoadRunner 12.02, Windows 7

0 Likes
Absent Member.. NeilChikode Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I had the TCS stopped working issue starting last week after a security update for MIcrosoft Windows was installed.  HP support advised that I remove the security update KB3038314 and reboot.  This resolved the issue.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Digikiwam Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

YES

I looked at the updates that our operators pushed to my system and sure enough KB3038314 was there.

Removed it, and I now have TC working again.

I now have a post-it on my monitor with the words "KB3038314 - TC Killer" so I know what to look for next time they push updates.

THANK YOU NeilChikode

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Mtunaca Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Add the KB3049563 to the black list, is killing the IE TruClient scripts like the KB3038314.

0 Likes
ssks0607 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you please share some documentation on these recommendations?

My desktop team needs some kind of documentation from HP or proof to disable AV or whitelist mdrv.exe and TcWebIELaucher.exe as disabling AV is against the policy.

Thanks,

Suresh 

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Mtunaca Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.