Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
junwu Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

truclient script does not work on APM9.5

I developed the truclient script in uvgen 12.63, tested ok in vugen, but when it is loaded into APM/BPM9.52, one of the step failed. "target object was not found", I think it is because the previous step is not executed. the previous step is to click a submit button, it should send everything out and display a new page. the log says the submit button was successfully complete, but actually it is not. Please help!

Thanks

Jun

0 Likes
3 Replies
Regular Contributor.. tpnichols Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Re: truclient script does not work on APM9.5

I'm working through similar issues, though not from launching out of APM. I've been just developing the script and it randomly stops in different locations. I don't know if leaving the TC IDE running too long causes problems for itself because it's not ready for prime time. Clearly it's not able to repeat the same script time after time reliably. I imagine the same code is running the script out of mmdrv, so that doesn't bode well.

FYI, the TC environment is built out of .js scripts down in the \bin\TruClient folders. I find that reading the code is better documentation than what is found in the TruClient Help Center. More accurate, anyway.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. JimiT Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

I believe you need to copy the libraries from your vugen script over to your BPM in order for the script to work properly.  The way you can do this is copy the libraries in vugen to APM and this will deploy libraries with the script to BPM. Otherwise, you should stick to recording your scripts in 12.55 which is the supported vugen version for your BPM/APM combination... Hope this helps.

Refer to the support matrix for details...

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM03161763?fileName=APM_950_SysReqs_SupportMatrixes.pdf

(I can't find APM/BPM 9.52 details, sooo you may need to talk to MF Support ppl)

Jim

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. Don't forget to Kudo!!
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. JHF Remmelzwaal Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

@junwu,

TruClient is rather new and changes from (sub)release to sub(release).

According APM System Requirements and Support Matrixes, APM9.5 is compatible with LR 12.5x. So you have an issue with LR 12.63 and APM 9.5

In our group we have with TruClient also backward issues between LR 12.63 and PC 12.60.

You you need to rerecord your TruClient script with a LR version of 12.5x or upgrade APM.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.