Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Sangmesh
New Member.

unable to run my scenario in controller with running Vuser as thread

Hi all,

I am facing an issue when i am running my scenario(with 3000 users) in controller, using "running Vuser as thread" and "winnlet socket" checked. controller throws error and i am forced to use "running Vuser as process " and this is shooting up the memory and causing transactions to fail , however the same setting "Vuser as thread" and "WinNlet socket" checked works fine in Vugen.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Outstanding Contributor.. JHF Remmelzwaal Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: unable to run my scenario in controller with running Vuser as thread

Hi @Sangmesh , welcome!

What is the error? Which version of LR are you using?

Note that VuGen effectively runs with 1 user so one user / process  =  1 thread / process.

What does Controller tell you when you make an scenario with 1 user? I guess that scenario will run without error.

It might be that your application can only run with the setting 1 user per process. That than is the reality. You might raise an incident with MicroFocus.

Not sure if you can prevent the error by taking a different approach with your test (Too less details)

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.