0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: No socket (out of 16) is CURRENTLY available for a regular connection

Jump to solution

Hi,

The approach for creating a script for this kind of website is not right. As you can see the website is using a lot of javascript code and you should have used TruClient protocol instead of Web. The actions that you make like adding product and then order depending on javascript code being run you may not see any order being placed using just Web protocol that is not running any javascript code from the page, Web protocol is just replaying the http requests that were seen during recording.

I have checked and record and replay using Web protocol is working and i did not seen any ssl related warnings, i have used SSL 1.2 in RTS->Preferences->General->SSL version.

Again you should use Truclient protocol.

Best regards,

Marcel

0 Likes
9 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

Try to increase the maximum number of connections for MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOST and MAX_TOTAL_CONNECTIONS using web_set_sockets_option.

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/lr/en/12.60/help/function_reference/Content/FuncRef/web/lrFR_web_set_sockets_option.htm

0 Likes
chikkab Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Can i get any other suggestions ? I need to solve the warings which i am getting. 

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

@Shlomi Nissim Can you help me to solve this issue ? 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. JHF Remmelzwaal Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Can tell something more about when these errors/warnings occur?

You have also at OS level a pool of socket/ports. Can you on the command line with the command 'netstat -an' how many addresses are in use and with State they have. Sometimes an application makes many short connections, resulting in many FIN_WAIT_* connections. When you see many, start goolging on this. There are registry settings to clean them up quicker.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

For the SSL error i would use Wireshark to see what is the issue, but most common is that the server refuse the SSL connection if SSL version or cipher specified by client is not enabled on the server.

You can use ssl labs to see what ssl version is supported.

You can set in runtime setting ssl version or in script before that action the ssl version to 1.2

Be aware that if you action makes SSL connections to different servers, you need to set the SSL version to the minimum supported. As example you have an action that makes a request to serverA (this use TLS1.2) and another to serverB (this use TLS1.0), then you need to set TLS1.0 before the action. However if serverA only supports TLS1.2 it will fail and you need to break each request into different action and set the SSL version (and/or cipher) before.

Best regards,

Marcel

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I did changes according  to socket which supports the application. 

So, basically the application said TLS 1.2 and i used TLS 1.0 but it said ssl 2/3 initially (which saying recording and never stops), and I it possible to share the web app url so that you can take a lot at it. (Not recommended to post the web site in public, sorry)

- i can record the app using TLS 1.2/1.0 but when i replay it shows the same no socket available connection. 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please send the app url in PM to check.

Best regards,

Marcel

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

The approach for creating a script for this kind of website is not right. As you can see the website is using a lot of javascript code and you should have used TruClient protocol instead of Web. The actions that you make like adding product and then order depending on javascript code being run you may not see any order being placed using just Web protocol that is not running any javascript code from the page, Web protocol is just replaying the http requests that were seen during recording.

I have checked and record and replay using Web protocol is working and i did not seen any ssl related warnings, i have used SSL 1.2 in RTS->Preferences->General->SSL version.

Again you should use Truclient protocol.

Best regards,

Marcel

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.