Micro Focus - Driving ROI with a Software Partner Program

swharff Absent Member.
Absent Member.
0 0 1,170

people.PNGIt’s always exciting to share something new!  Join me, as I recently had the opportunity to share with Revenue & Associates on their monthly Software Channel Partner Podcast and discuss Micro Focus’ new partner program and how we are working with our Channel & Alliance partnerships to help them drive increased revenues and build pipeline opportunities.

*Interview edited for content and clarity in print. 

So I was asked … "My client, who is an SVP of sales and marketing, said that he thinks of 'marketing and partner marketing' as being two totally different animals. What’s your view on that, and how they may differ?"

My reply … "I think that when you’re talking about marketing in general, it’s you--as a company--trying to figure out how to sell to the end user company. When you’re doing partner marketing, it’s really about asking, 'how do we take the main manufacturer’s messaging and then add the unique and special sauce of the partner?' – whether it be their services or a unique delivery of it or a unique piece that they’ve built on top of it. It's really about going to market with their message--telling people how they add value, how the software solution that Micro Focus brings becomes a component of that company. So, it really is two different things. It’s our expertise as a manufacturer of software, and it’s the partner’s expertise in added value that differentiates them in the market that they’re leading and driving.

And when discussing our biggest challenge?  I think the biggest challenge for Micro Focus is that there are still many in the market that are asking, "Who is Micro Focus?" The Micro Focus that you see today came from the marriage of  a very well-known company, HPE; and a smaller, European-based company, Micro Focus. Many don't realize that today, Micro Focus is a huge, $4 billion company that is the seventh largest software company in the world! We have an expansive portfolio, plus the expertise and capabilities to help  companies drive digital transformations. We are not your "old" software company! 

Today, the 2019 Micro Focus is a new breed of software company. We’re a company that I like to say has "SASI" Digital Transformation solutions. And what I mean by that is:

• S: We secure the enterprise through DevOps
  • A: We help them accelerate their business into that Hybrid IT Management and cloud environment
  • S: We help provide Security Risk and Governance solutions
  • I: We provide your company with insight through Predictive Analytics 

I like to leave people with so that they can learn who Micro Focus is: We provide those SASI Digital Transformation solutions to help them generate the revenues that they need in today’s market.

Want to here more?  Listen to the whole interview here. 

Louis Gudema is the President of Revenue & Associates has recently written a book call Bullseye Marketing.  In this book he lays out both a strategic framework, as well as detailed specific steps that small and mid-sized businesses can use to accelerate growth, improve their competitive position and fuel job creation.  Their goal is to help companies grow faster by helping their channel partners grow faster.

You can download two free chapters here. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.