Honored Contributor.. quyenta Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

MC 2.8: Still error not sign agent after signed successed for Iphone deivce

HI All,

I am using MC 2.8 on windows 10 (x64). and using iphone 6. I signed agent successed and copy them to Agent forlder.

But I try to connect iphone device. Still appearing error: "to work with this device, you need to sign the MC agent and launcher app with a developement certificate of an apple developer account".

pls help me troobleshoot in this case.

Thanks in advace.

0 Likes
8 Replies
Super Contributor.. PKaye Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: MC 2.8: Still error not sign agent after signed successed for Iphone deivce

Hi,

Did you signs and transfer all of the ipa files?

Are you sure that the device you are trying is included in the provisioning profile used? You can test by adding the ipa files generated using Xcode.

Best

Paul
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

you need to sign four (4) IPA files, not jsut an Agent...

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

HI,

I tried with 4 files: HP4M-Agent_D-Codesigned, HP4M-Agent-Codesigned, WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner_xcode9-Codesigned, and WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner-Codesigned.

I still error the same.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Hi Paul,

all files: HP4M-Agent_D-Codesigned, HP4M-Agent-Codesigned, WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner_xcode9-Codesigned, and WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner-Codesigned. 

Any files I need transfer.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Hi,

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/mobilecenter/en/2.80/Content/Agent_sign.htm

You need to do the Distribute the re-signed apps step.  Are you trying a Server only install?  Is this on Windows or another OS.  It doesn't really matter, just follow the step.

If this doesn't work, look at this:

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/mobilecenter/en/2.80/Content/Troubleshooting_MC.htm#iOS

Best

Paul

0 Likes
jhafner Contributor.
Contributor.

Not sure if you fixed this issue, but here is the list of files that must be signed:

1. HP4M-Agent.ipa
  2. HPMC-AgentLauncher.ipa
  3. WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.ipa
  4. WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner_xcode9.ipa

The HP4M-AgentD.ipa file is only for debugging and should be signed as well, but is not needed.

Also make sure to remove the "-codesigned" at the end of each file name before putting them into the Agents directory.  If you don't do this, the machine will still use the original, unsigned versions of the files.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi,

It seems that you did not sign the agent launcher application: HPMC-AgentLauncher.ipa

Please ensure that you can manaully install all 4 applciations on the device and luanch them with no issue.

Regards,

Erez

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.