Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
jhafner
Visitor.

MC 3.0 Admin Device View

When you log into Mobile Center with and Administrative level account, the system used to show you all the devices in all the different workgroups.  This is very valuable for managing the various groups that might be in the system, especially when you have multiple teams with dedicated devices.

Now in version 3.0, there is a new filter in the top right corner that only shows you one Workgroup at a time, and there is no way, as an administrator to show all groups at one time.  How can this be adjusted?

That filter ultimately is a duplicate of the filer on the left side of the screen.  But now, as an administrator, if I have 4 different teams with dedicated devices on my connectors with shared devices, in order to ensure that all devices are live again after a reboot, I have to change my workgroup in the top right corner 4 times.  Prior to 3.0, I could see all 4 workgroups at the same time.

I also attached a PDF with a couple screenshots of what I am talking about.

Please let me know if this can be changed in the next update of Mobile Center.

Keep in mind that my system has 1 Central Virtual Server (Windows Server 2012, no connected devices), 8 Dedicated Connector Machines (Windows 7), and 67 total devices (40 iOS & 27 Android, 34 Shared and 33 Dedicated between 4 different groups).

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: MC 3.0 Admin Device View

Hi Jeremy!

Starting MC 3.0, the login is always in the context of a Workspace (for both Admin and User). This is one of the alignments that we done between MC and SRF.

I understand your point as an admin, hence we'll log an ER for a view of All Workspaces for Admin function.

Thank you for your feedback!

Evgeny Karasik

Mobile Center Product Manager

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.