Mobile Center Appium Support
Appium is a framework to develop automatic testing for native, hybrid and web application.
Appium is not a lab, it is built for a "developer" deployment of one appium equals one device. SBo if customer wants to use appium this is great - we support it for 2.0!
But for sure not sufficient, very quickly you would like to build your CI, run your nightly, simulate network, get production data... So, selecting appium, in a way, it is testing tool selection (appium \ UFT) but you still need a lab.
Main advantages in our MC appium flavor:
- E2E story:
- OpsDev \ OpsTest story (Appulse)
- Security Fortify on demand scans
- Sentiment Anaylsis
- Performace (LR\SRL) how can you measure Single User experience?
- Synthetic monitoring natural integration with BPM - Manual testing
- No LAB - no VNC and remote device control, no ability to allocate devices cross teams, cross locations, reservation system...
- For iOS appium requires a MAC per device! in a Lab play this is very problematic from TCO perspective (you will need a lb with too many MACS...), MC can connect as many iOS devices to MAC, Windows or linux machine (with Appium!)
- Appium is very app centric, in ios you cannot run out side the app (settings, sms...)
- In the next releases we are going to support appium \ Selenium on top of lean FT so this will bring great advantage also for the appium developer (VNC in design Time, SPY, Record,etc)
Re: Mobile Center Appium Support
Appium course methodology is built to encourage a vibrant contributing community. It automates native, mobile, web, and hybrid cross-platform application testing on iOS and Android platforms. Below are certain well-versed concepts covered in the appium curricula. Introduction to Appium & Mobile automation Testing, Basic installation for Appium on Windows and Mac, UIAutomator Viewer, Native, Hybrid and Mobile Web App Test, Design Mobile Automation framework, Automate mobile gestures, Installing JDK, Maven, Android SDK
Appium Online Training explores each topic through the lens of a real-world example application. With plenty of examples, tips, and clear explanations, you’ll master many advanced aspects of Appium.