Syncronize Mobile Center metering information to Excel via ODBC
Mobile Center provides metering information via specific tables in its database, as well as there is an option to export it into CSV files.
There is a way to use MS Excel to export and refresh the data. To get Mobile Center metering data into MS Excel, please follow the steps below:
1. On MC DB machine: Allow remote connection to Postresql DB: how to allow remote connections to Postresq
2. On your client machine:
- Install Postresql ODBC drivers: https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/ (scroll down to the bottom of the page for latest drivers and install 32 or 64 bits drivers).
- Configure ODBC data source: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Setup ODBC data sources (32-bit).
- Select User DSN
- Click on Add button and select PostgreSQL driver
- Fill the properties as below
Press on Test button to verify that connection is successfull.
- Open MS Excel and navigate to Data tab.
- Navigate to New Query->From Other Sources->From ODBC
- Select Data Source Name (MC in the ODBC screen). If all is well, DB Navigator will open.
- Open hp4m scema and export the relevant table:
- audit_device: information about devices usage
- audit_job: actual usage of the devices and reservations
- audit_reservations: reservations created in the system
- audit_application: information about application usage
- The information from the DB table will be exported to the worksheet.
- To refresh the data, click on Refresh button
Now you can create a custom reports from the data, pivot tables and graphs. The data can be refreshed, so you can keep this excel file as the template and refresh the data when needed.