Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Damian1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

External ports required to be open for MDM server?

Hi all,

I have recently configured a MDM server and when connecting a mobile device to the server via our internal network everything works absolutely fine.

Following this, I have assigned an external IP address to our MDM server however when I try to enroll a device using the external address, the enrollment fails and the device gets stuck in the 'Pending Enrollment' folder.

So far I have tried the following to resolve on our firewall:

1. Opening port 2465 (as per the documentation provided by Novell/MF). I have also checked that ports 80 and 443 are open.
  2. Turned the external firewall interface off completely.

Still no joy I am afraid. Am I missing more ports to open, or could the issue be elsewhere? I am merely confused as to how it works fine internally but not externally.

Cheers,

Damian
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: External ports required to be open for MDM server?

You may refer MDM Server section under 6.2.1 Prerequisites at https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks2017/pdfdoc/zen_zmm/zen_zmm.pdf on ports requirements for MDM servers
0 Likes
Damian1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: External ports required to be open for MDM server?

tsubhashini;2477170 wrote:
You may refer MDM Server section under 6.2.1 Prerequisites at https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks2017/pdfdoc/zen_zmm/zen_zmm.pdf on ports requirements for MDM servers

Hi tsubhashini,

Thanks for the link to the doc, I'll try the ports specified under that section and report back.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.