Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.

A new device version information

A new device version information

After every snapshot, NA also stores a new version of device information in the device details – even if no change to device information occurred (config change is not a change of device information).
That is, why the „Compare to previous“ function is not working… because every previous version of the device information is the same as the current version.

Please provide a solution that NA only stores a new version of device information, if an attribute of these details has changed.

6 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Hi! We need some clarity on the idea submitted. NA by default does not store a new snapshot unless there is a change. This behavior has one exception as "Checkpoint Snapshot", which is meant to save the snapshot even if there is no change. Can you please confirm that you are not using "Checkpoint Snapshot"? If it is not "Checkpoint Snapshot" then still getting stored without any difference, then please work with the support team to get this checked.
mostafa_hassan Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

@AkashDeep , sometimes we found NA showing there's Config change but when checking it shows device information changes even there was no change in device information we are facing that scenario. not sure if that what meant to be in the idea shared @iraguz1 

Chris_Powers Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

@AkashDeep, I know for us these are not from checkpoint snapshots for us.  

In my opinion, there seems to be some work that could be done on this option.  What might be helpful would be a way to disable it.  I know some clients want it and so it works for them, but for us, it is not helpful and is misleading as we burn time trying to track some bug down.  

We have been working with support for a long time on getting drivers updated to clean up the false positives, but we still get them. 

For us, the key is 1) a change was made and 2) that the data shown is accurate and we can validate it.  

The problem with the "Only Device Information Changed" is we haven't found a way to validate that so either they are in error, or there just isn't a good way to validate it and so it leads to the data being viewed as not trustworthy.  

iraguz1 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.
Hi, No, this is not a "Checkpoint Snapshot". So, we do a snapshot, it is done, there are some configuration changes but it's also stored a new version of device information in the device details even if there are no any changes in the device information. This causes problems in the search, if we want to find differences in device information....
Hi! I understand that even if there is no config change, the configuration is getting persisted and hence we are getting "No Change" from the previous snapshot. This is not the expected behavior of the product. Please give me some examples where we are persisting the configuration even though only device information is changed, based on that, we need to decide the next step.
Status changed to: Already Offered

Dear submitter and voters,

After reviewing the comments and inputs from some of you, we understand your use case. Network Automation tool already provide this feature and hence I am changing the status as "Already Offered".

The issue decribed appears to be potentially issue with certain drivers and I would suggest to have a support call for the same.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.