Bring Back the good old pdf documentation that existed till 10.30

Bring Back the good old pdf documentation that existed till 10.30

Not so long ago it was possible to download a zip file containing all NNMi and iSPI documents in well-organized, searchable, indexed PDF files. Starting 10.40, this is no longer possible. The documentation is available in almost-semi-searchable wiki, which generates unindexed and ugly-looking PDFs. I suppose it is pretty the same with NA ...

12 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Can you please provide specific examples (1-2 should be fine) on what information you are trying to extract and not able to retrieve?

The documentation portal definitely is designed to better find the relevant information so if it is not serving the purpose, we will fix that than going backwards.

Regards,

Tapan

Super Contributor.. Ivan_Kozlov Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hello Tapan,

Perhaps, the reason for this request is not very stable work of the new documentation portal.

Plus inability to download the documentation in one go to be available for offline or isolated environment usage.

Honored Contributor.. Vesselin Kotaro Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hello Tapan,

How about having access to the documentation at a customer site that has no Internet access?

Call me old school guy but I prefer to use pdfs so I can use them offline, perform advanced searches on them, navigate easily, set bookmarks, put comments, etc. Still it's very hard to browse sites during flights while reading the docs is one of the best time-killers 🙂

Hint: try to find information on the recently introduced (in 10.30 I believe) BGP monitoring in the online docs.

Kind regards,

Vesselin.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Acclaimed Contributor.. asoloperto Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello all,

just a hint:

you can download the documentation from the doc portal as PDF ("This Page" at https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Network_Node_Manager_i:2018.05/Home downloads a 25 MB big PDF with 4278 pages):

MF_DocPortal_PDF_Download.png

Honored Contributor.. Vesselin Kotaro Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Already did that and realised there are no links between chapters. On top of that, the index is completely unusable. Wiki-generated PDFs simply don't work.

Acanthis Support Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

It is not always possible to consult the doc online, being able to DL the whole NNMi v10.4 or higher doc is mandatory for dev/integration/admin purpose

Please bring back complete set download

Respected Contributor.. Radmilo Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Please, provide the PDF files
Reasons have already been given above.
Old school or not - we need REAL PDF files, together wiht this on-line doc repository

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi All,

The PDF generation on portal is improved with better formatting and index page to start with. With this, the PDF generated from portal addresses the requirements we have.

May I request the users to review the same and confirm. 

Regards,

Chris_Powers Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Akash, 

I was able to download the NA 2019.05 pdf that included everything within one file.

About the Author
Senior Solutions Consultant in Micro Focus Customer Assist organization - with overall 12 plus years of experience working in HP(E) / Microfocus R&D organization. For past several years, I have been working as a customer facing R&D engineer with product expertise in Network Management area and have recently started working on Operations Bridge products. Primary activities involve assistance to field teams (Sales, Customer Success, Support, Professional Services): Technical assistance in product demos and POCs, Deployment consultancy, Product audit and best practice guidance, Assistance in Escalations and working with Product Management and R&D architects on translating customer feedback into relevant and appropriate product requirement (CR, ER, New Feature etc).
Most "Liked" Contributors
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.