Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION

Device Category for Wireless LAN Controller reflected as Switch.

Device Category for Wireless LAN Controller reflected as Switch.

Hi,

I have one question.

The Device Wireless LAN Controller "Cisco5500wlc"  reflected as Wireless Controller in Device Category in my system:

- NNMi  10.20.280,10.21.566,10.21.649,10.21.714

- NNM Patch: NNM1020_00005osos

But when i install new driver pack "Device Driver Pack for NNMi March 2018", the device is now reflected as Switch. Below is screenshot :

Devices installed.gif

These Lan controllers were having device category give as Wire Controllers earlier and  why this got changed ?

Please suggest any idea about that change.

6 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Accepted

The idea has received enough support and comments from the community and been reviewed by the Micro Focus product team. It is officially on the roadmap for development and delivery. (Subject to change, and not a commitment.)

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Accepted

Super Contributor.. NioByte Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Experienced the same issue. Manually updated the device profile and changed it to 'customer' and set it back to 'Wireless LAN Controller' as this was causing issues with our inventory configuration management criteria. If this can be fixed in a later driver pack update would be beneficial.

Tested with 'NetSNMP,CheckPoint FW Device Extension NetSNMP-device 18.07.001'.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
This idea is delivered as part of NNMi 2018.11 release - for more details, please look at the documentation at: https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Network_Node_Manager_i:2018.11/Home
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Delivered

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.