Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Device Power Supply and Fan Serial Numbers

Device Power Supply and Fan Serial Numbers

NNMi Version:  NNMi 10.30 on Linux

We are required to make reports of serial, and model, numbers on all parts of our devices, including chassis, cards, power supplies, fans, etc.  However NNMi does not track the serial or model numbers of power supplies and fans, even though that data is returned under the same SNMP object (entPhysicalSerialNum) as the information for cards and chassis.  In order to collect the details for the power supplies and fans, I have been using the Custom Poller and then combining that data with the information already in NNMi, which can be quite cumbersome. 

I would really like to see NNMi include the power supply and fan detail (model and serial) as part of the inventory.

3 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Member.. VIVEKSINGH
Member..

Hi 

I am also having the same requirement , can anyone help me with idea if any ?

Maxim_K
Established Member.

I will support idea.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.