The problem with the current NNMI is :
- The notes field is optional when unmanaging a device and most users are leaving it blank.
- The security log files only show the name of the person that did the unmanage but give no reason.
- The NOC has no access to the security log files and are not going to make an interaction to request SMS to do a search each time there is an issue.
Request from Customer :
- This request to is to force users to enter a note each time they unmanage a device.
- If a user’s PIN can automatically be placed in the notes field at the same time that would be even better. If that is difficult then ask the user to use their PIN.
- The NOC want to be able to quickly see the reason a node was unmanaged and the person that did it.
- If there are already notes for a device that should not prevent NNMi from asking for a new explanation each time it changes status to unmanaged.
- There should be a pop-up asking for a reason and this should then be copied into the notes section.
- Validation should be done to confirm that at least 14 characters have been entered (CC plus 6 numbers and 6 digit PIN) or else a full explanation.
Please help on this on a priority basis whether it is possible to enhance the feature of NNMi already existing.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.