Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Logon Banner for NNMi

Logon Banner for NNMi

Please add the capability to add a customizable Logon Banner to be displayed when a user attempts a log on to NNMi. The banner could contains the terms and conditions related to the user's use of NNMi. To be able to get into the Login page, the user must consent to the terms and conditions. This would be similar to the Logon Banner already available in NA.

8 Comments
PeteZ2 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Frequent Visitor.. Greg Barbieri
Frequent Visitor..

It's worth noting that for all DoD Entities, this is a requirement for any customer facing application.  It's one of the major things standing in the way of using NOM as a primary application for our customers.

Super Contributor.. qz07sg Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

I discovered this "feature" in the 9.2.x product about 6 weeks before NNMi upgrade to 10.10 and was bummed that 10.10 doesn't support the feature.

Dwight Simmons Contributor.
Contributor.

I work with Greg Barbieri and I can confirn that this feature was expected and when it was not available it immediately becaame a must have because it's a DOD requirement.

Super Contributor.. rpd Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

We also used to use the login banner in the 9.2x version. Please return this feature.

Acclaimed Contributor.. AndyKemp Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

While its a requirement for Government use, if implemented I would ask that it be made an optionally enabled on-demand feature as its a customer annoyance for private industry.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Accepted

The idea has received enough support and comments from the community and been reviewed by the Micro Focus product team. It is officially on the roadmap for development and delivery. (Subject to change, and not a commitment.)

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Delivered

This idea is delivered now as part of NNMi 2018.08 release.

More details on documentation and downloads:

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Network_Node_Manager_i:2018.08/Home

Software Licenses and Downloads

The Software Licenses and Downloads Portal will require the user to login to an order to activate entitlements and download software.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.