Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION

Make the containers image available to customer.

Make the containers image available to customer.

In order to be able to use containers at our company, we need to be able to modify them to fit our requirements and standards.  If the containers images were available we could do that.  Because the images are not available, our security team won't let us install NOM, ITOM and SM in containers, because that would require to install the full CDF which is considered as a black box with security threats.

Tags (4)
7 Comments
Respected Contributor.. Radmilo Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Microfocus understands this problem - for sure - let's hopw they  will address it ASAP.

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Thanks for rasing it.

The images for containerized NOM suite (and for that matter all the suites) are available to download from Docket Hub.

If the question is about CDF deployment bundle itself which is delivered from SW download center then let me know as we shall raise it to appropriate team.

Regards,

Regular Contributor.. FrancoisVallieres Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Hi,

What we need is to be able to get the image out of the CDF deployment to customize them using our security standards and then deploy it using our own containers tools.

Regards

tbriet Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi all,

I have looking for in docker hub as Akash porpose but NOM container are not available 😞

BR

Thomas

Status changed to: Waiting for Votes
Hi Francois, Thanks for your response. I need one more clarification - What would you mean when you say, "our own containers tools"? We use Docker & Kubernates for running containers and their management. At Micro Focus, we are looking for options to support external Docker/ Kubernates in future. However, we have not heard much of request to support other alternates. Can you please clarify as which container tool you plan to use? PLEASE NOTE: The support of external Docker/ Kubernetes is a roadmap item which might change without any notification. I am moving this idea of the next stage to access the community interest on the same which might drive the priority of this.
Hi tbriet I just wanted to check if you have your docker account activated for NOM? If not, please follow the process as described at https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Network_Operations_Management:2018.08/ActivateDockerHub Hope this helps.
Regular Contributor.. FrancoisVallieres Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Hi Akash,

We want to use our own CDF which is running on Docker/ Kubernetes.  We need to be able to use the image of the containers in our CDF.

Is that clearer?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.