Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.

NA/NOM should be able to be run in Hot/Hot mode

NA/NOM should be able to be run in Hot/Hot mode

NA/NOM should be able to be run in Hot/Hot mode, mode from different BCP Data Centers. Including Databases being hosted in each of those data centers.

4 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Dear Submitter, BCP typically involves a DR solution where we might have to bring up the system when a site goes down. May I request you to review the DR Architecture for NA and see if those options suit your need.
Status changed to: Already Offered
NA has a DR architecture suggested for BCP and suggested to use the same. In case, the exact needs are not met please respond back with details.
AndyKemp Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I would disagree that the currently offered solution is effective for some business (like my employer)  such as communication services providers who require a hitless level of geographical redundancy failover/swap over.  Geo-redundancy at scale , not disaster recovery is required. We currently run NNMI GNM as Hot/Hot but it has its challenges the main one is the sequential assignment of UUIDs for each CI which diverge over time on each system. For NA the challenges are similar but different (key-incrementors, and an endless loop of triggered collections from the different instances). The item I believe thats missing from the current architecture of both products to make this possible would be a unified device identity server.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Please re-open this for votes.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.