NNMi: Support nested groups for admin rights to install and administrate TM and TL or disable check

Idea ID 2852167

NNMi: Support nested groups for admin rights to install and administrate TM and TL or disable check

We noticed that the check of the local admin rights on the TM and TL fails when the user is in a nested group and not directly in the local admin group. This also causes the installation to fail as the installation runs a few scripts that have the check in them during post install.

For the starting/stopping and requesting the status of the TM or TL the check can be disabled by comment out a line in OVTRAFFICSPIvars.pm (Line 3089 checkPermission($spi);). But this doesnt work for all scripts and cannot be used during the installation.

Ive created a support case for this but they told me i should submit an idea so here it is.

It would be great to support nested groups and/or create a way to disable the admin check completely (during installation and normal use)

2 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Dear Submitter,

Can you please share the Support Case ID?

Also, from the description, I understand that it is only an issue with Traffic iSPI and you are able to use NNMi itself without this issue. Please confirm.

Regards,

Commander Commander
Commander

Hello AkashDeep,

The caseID is SD02826470.

And as far as i know it only applies to the Traffic iSPI (Specifically the Traffic Master and Traffic Leaf). We havent found these issues with the other NNMi iSPI's or the main package.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.