NNMi menu item field "Max Selection Count" should be mandatory preventing GUI to crash if empty

Idea ID 2798326

NNMi menu item field "Max Selection Count" should be mandatory preventing GUI to crash if empty

"Max Selection Count" excist in many Menu Items in NNMi. If the number is deleted instead of being sat to 0 or higher, the GUI will stop working when the menu Item is saved. If that field is satt to mandatory, it would prevent the GUI to crash.

Workaround:

1. Export configuration from a working NNMi. nnmconfigexport.ovpl -c menuitem -f filename.xml
    1. This to have a file to compare with.
  2. Do the same on the defect NNMi
  3. Add the missing line with a value into the xml-file from the defect NNMi. eg. <ns6:selectionCountHardLimit>0</ns6:selectionCountHardLimit>.
    1. This line is missing in the xml from the defect NNMi.
  4. Import the corrected config-file back to the defect NNMi. 
  5. NNMi may need to be shut down and started again.
Tags (2)
4 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Dear submitter,

This looks like a potential defect which support team should be handling, rather than an enhancement in the product. Can you please clarify if a support case was raised for the same?

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Declined

Dear Submitter,
From the description of the idea, it does not appear to be expected product behavior. Hence, I would suggest you work with the support team to get this defect addressed.

Given that this forum is meant for product enhancements only, I would decline this idea on Idea Exchange.

Thanks.

Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Support case was not needed. I solved the issue my self folowing the given workaround.

I disagree that this is not an enhancement case. I want the product do prevent saving a form if the "Max Selection Count" field is empty. This will prevent GUI to crash.

Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I forgot that I did try to submit a support case where I presented my workaround and was recommended to submit an idea.

Micro Focus nr.: SD02690097

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.