Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Need to be able to pass variables to diagnostics in Network Automation

Need to be able to pass variables to diagnostics in Network Automation

Diagnostics need to support the ability to pass it variables. This is especially needed when using the API in a scripting language. I have gotten around this in the past by just deleting the diagnostic and recreating it each time as I needed to run a lot of dynamic commands, meaning some command on a network device that I didn't necessarily want to create a hard coded diagnostic for, but I needed the ability to run something and capture the output, which you cannot do in a command script. I have created an old ER for this years ago but I don't think it went anywhere.

Tags (2)
1 Comment
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.