Policy compliance dashboard/view on device home page

Policy compliance dashboard/view on device home page

On every device view we should have the ability to see on a dashboard only the current non-compliant policies/rules, not displaying historical data like we have now in policy events. 

A dashboard that shoudl have the ability to navigate easy from non-compliant to compliant policies and rules specific for every device.

Think about the compliance search output for a device based on compliance states - device in compliance & not in compliance on every device home page for every policy/rule.

Tags (1)
9 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Dear Submitter, The compliance workflow in NOM UI have exactly the same data available. We would recommend to use the same and let us know if that meets your requirement. Please note there is no plan to add any dashboards to NA UI.
Respected Contributor.. mfrancu Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

You are right, the compliance workflow can show me that info by clicking 20times and waiting for the report, goign back modify the criteria and search again. So no this workflow does not meet my expectations and requirments.

That workflow is not easy to be used, as well the policy events from the device level is tricky to be read with all that data - you need to make sure that you look at the latest report and not something historical.

UI needs enhancements and i can understand that you don't plan to do add more dashboards, I don't want to make the UI harder, but maybe we can adjust/twick existing ones to give the users some more filtering options.

Dear Submitter.

Please note that I am not referring to NA reporting. Instead, I was relating to NOM UI, which was added with 2019.02 version of the product. There are no reports OR multiple clicks to get this information in the new workflow based NOM UI. I would recommend that you use NOM UI for your use case as it is already available there with a single click in most of the cases.

About dashboards, there is already an idea about "Customizable Dashboards," which is in Accepted state, i.e., we are looking to bring out customizable dashboards in future releases on NOM UI. That shall address your need to have more dashboards. I would recommend you vote for that idea so to increase its priority.

I hope this would help. Let me know if you have any further queries else I intend to mark this idea as already offered.

Respected Contributor..

Thank you for your feedabck but I'm requetsing this in NA UI, so this should not be marked as already offered because it's not there.

Dear submitter,

Within NA UI, from "Device Home" have you tried:

View -> Device Details -> Policies.

This gives you a list of all the policies with their status.

Would this address your requirement?

Respected Contributor..

Hi Akash,

I've tried that and there is no way in filtering the policies/rules and show the compliant / non compliant ones. There is only a show for active policies.

thank you,

Marian

Hi Marian.

Yes! There is no filtering on that view.

Do you think a filtering on that page would address your requirement?

Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The idea has received an initial review to ensure adherence to our idea submission and community guidelines. More information may be needed at this stage, and we expect the community to help prioritize the idea with comments and community support (votes/kudos).

NOTE: This is only for adding filtering as mentioned in comments below.

Datacomm Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

@AkashDeep

About dashboards, is there an idea submitted about "Customizable Dashboards," on NA UI?That shall address the community need to have more dashboards. If this thread is sparking that initiative, you have my vote.

Also, how many votes to make an idea real?

Thank you! 

-Brandon

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.