REST API for NNMi and NA

REST API for NNMi and NA

All UI functions should have equivalent REST API for both NNMi and NA as well as NOM Suite

Tags (1)
6 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Ideas in this status have received enough support and comments from the community and been reviewed by Micro Focus for strategic fit. These ideas are continually monitored and considered for prioritization in our development planning.

Joe Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Need a bigger like button. 

Greg Hubbard
Visitor.

I have a simple need -- I want to retrieve the following information from a remote NNMi system for all devices:

• node name
  • node management IP
  • node tenant
  • node tenant description

This is very simple in the Web interface -- go to the node inventory, export to CSV, and delete unnecessary columns.  This gives me node name, node management IP, and tenant name.  I can get the tenant description from the list of tenants.

However, it does not seem to be possible to collect this informaton using the SOAP API or the nnm command line tools.  For instance, the SOAP API does not provide the management IP in the output when nodes are retrieved.  The nnmtopodump command does (in the XML output), but it does not reference the tenant.

I could not find any sign of a REST API that can list nodes.

I agree with Mr. Kaplan -- there should be a simple (but authenticated!) API that can provide access to the same information that you can get using the Web UI and exporting to CSV.

Greg Hubbard

Honored Contributor.. Vesselin Kotaro Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Simple in WS interface as well - you just have to play with 3 beans, not one 🙂

1. NodeBean - getNodes

2. SnmpBean - getNodeConfigByIds

3. SecurityBean - getNodeSecurityDataByUuid

Never used the 3rd one but should work.

BR,

Vesko.

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: New Idea

This idea has been accepted for development in future releases

Status changed to: Accepted

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.