Replace Flash in NNMi.

Idea ID 1682737

Replace Flash in NNMi.

Hello,

Current versions of NNMi use Flash in UI, for instance in Performance Troubleshooter and Performance tab in Analysis Pane and no alternative exists for accessing these menus at the moment.

Most modern browsers dont support it by default, and in some environments it's not allowed to install Flash at all.

Please consider replacing all the Flash-based parts of NNMi UI with supported and secure technologies, like HTML5.

11 Comments
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Current ?  As of the 2018.11 release the Performance Troubleshooting feature is discontinued. You can no longer launch the Performance Troubleshooting window from the Actions > NNM iSPI Performance menu and NNMi does not require Flash Player to be available in the browser.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Already Offered

NNMi has removed all the flash usage from past few releases. I would suggest moving to the latest version of NNMi to get benefited by the same.

As we already have this implemented, I am marking this idea as Already Offered.

Thanks for your contribution.

Regards,

Akash

Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Not sure how it is in 2018.11 but IPT iSPI still requires flash in 2018.08.

If this is still valid, do we have to open another request for IPT iSPI or you'd consider it part of NNMi and address it accordingly?

Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

"Graph incoming traps" require Flash in 2018.11

eg. Tools -> Trap Analytics -> Recent Top Trap Rate (by Node)

There is an icon folowed by the text: Graph incoming traps

Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

eg. Tools -> Trap Analytics -> Recent Top Trap Rate (by Node)

There is an icon folowed by the text: Graph incoming traps

This opens a new tab telling me to get Flash:

Cannot display NNMi Graph Application.This content requires the Adobe Flash Player version 10.2 or later.Get Flash

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks for your comments.

The confusion is coming as there are options that one can choose. Please look at https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Network_Node_Manager_i:2019.05/Monitorgraphs#Select_the_graph_tool

You should be able to select the HTML5 as an option to remove this dependency.

@HJM I have merged another idea with this one and hope this clarifies. Please respond if you need any further assistance with this dependency.

Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

How to make the Non-Flash option default for all users?

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The Global option is not available. 

I shall open this idea for Voting for removing flash completely and not as an option.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Under Consideration

The idea is under consideration for removing flash completely and not as an option

Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Removing Flash would solve the issue for every one. In the meantime I will try to inform the users how to change to the non-Flash option.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.