Role based access control (RBAC) in REST API for NNMi

Idea ID 2804464

Role based access control (RBAC) in REST API for NNMi

0 Votes

Functionality is not supported as per official documentation:

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Network_Node_Manager_i:2019.11/RESTAPI

We need this RBAC for REST API , in order to restrict and grant appropriate privileges and expose REST API to our customers.

2 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Dear Submitter,

REST APIs calls already honor the Access Control for the devices. For example, if one of your end customer have access to say fifty devices. And he/she gets the list of incidents using REST API; he is going to get incidents only for the nodes which he has access to.

Is this is what you were looking for?

If not, can you please clarify the exact need.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi Aksh,

Customer actual ask is this :

======================

If I pass admin credentials in REST payload , I should be able to perform all operations using the API , like ADD device , initiate rediscovery etc.

However if a user who is having Read only access is using the REST end point by passing his credentials , he should not be able to do what an ADMIN is able to perform , he should have access only to view incidents , pull device list etc.

In other words,  depending on the role of the user i.e if it is a ADMIN or a RO user , he should be able to perform only those operations using REST API which are applicable for his role in NNMi.

Do we have a specific link for a central page where we would be able to view all available REST end points (besides this link below) ?
REST APIs
https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Network_Node_Manager_i:2019.11/RESTAPI

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.