SFTP support for Wireless devices

Idea ID 2771390

SFTP support for Wireless devices

0 Votes

We are trying to use ITNA to gather device configs and enforce q password standard for local accounts on our equipment. One of these device classes is the Cisco Wireless lan controller which will only send the device config with hashes via SFTP. 

Our system actually is running with FTP disabled on it for PCI compliance reasons.   I am not finding enough information on the method of transfer that ITNA is using for the configs on some of these systems.  Since they are stored in the app and not as files, I'm looking for more information on this, as well as solutions.

6 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Dear Submitter,

NA already supports the SFTP protocol for data transfer. The exact requirement is not clear from the description. Can you please elaborate on the same so we can respond accordingly.

Thanks.

Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

wireless lan controllers need SFTP to upload config, but doesn't actually show anywhere that there is a working method to actually do an SFTP upload from a WLC to ITNA.

The Driver for ITNA's coverage of the cisco WLC doesn't support SFTP config collection directly.

The WLCs will upload their configs to a SFTP repository on a schedule.

ITNA runs a SFTP server as part of its suite of functions.

I would like to have the WLC automatically upload its config to the ITNA SFTP server in a way that ideally would match the config to the device element in the ITNA device database by matching on either a specific file path or exact filename. I can set the filename to whatever value the ITNA server would need via the WLC.

By having the WLC upload the config in SFTP it will preserve the password hashes and key information, allowing for complete audits of the configuration and recovery in case of failure.

Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Any more clarification needed on this? Thank you in advance.

Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello, can someone advise on this request? Our customer is an extremely large user of NA and this functionality could be a key consideration in their evaluation of the investment in this software going forward.   

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Can you please provide model/OS information as well as NA version and driver name used?

Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks greatly Brian! 

We are on 2018.11

Drivers

144-092819

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.