Support postgres for fulltextsearch functionality

Support postgres for fulltextsearch functionality

Recently I ran into what I believe to be a bug when attempting to use fulltextsearch functionality in combination with a postgres database. 

(bug as in, fulltextsearch does not work in combination with a postgres database)

After going through the incident process, microfocus developers provided me with a hotfix for this, but the developers also requested that I put in an enhancement request to properly support fulltextsearch in combination with postgres databases in future releases.

Relevant case details are : SD02430275 - CS0013966 

to recap, my idea is for NOM to support fulltext searching in combination with postgres databases, which can currently be activated, but does not actually work.

5 Comments
matthijs1234
New Member.

We really need this feature!

marr
Visitor.

Would be useful!

Regular Contributor.. Martijn Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Hotfix works well, but should work in the future as well!

Acclaimed Contributor.. AndyKemp Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

I just got the hotfix applied on top of patch 1  (v2018.11) and it does work well. My particular issue for the index not getting created were devices that have binary configurations that are stored in the same table as text configurations. They made it work for one, but broke something else for others 😉   Hopefully, they'll adjust the schema in future releases to have a binary-only configuration table and a text-only configuration table.

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The idea has received an initial review to ensure adherence to our idea submission and community guidelines. More information may be needed at this stage, and we expect the community to help prioritize the idea with comments and community support (votes/kudos).

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.