To be able to use NNM licenses in NOM to use the NOM features

Idea ID 2753682

To be able to use NNM licenses in NOM to use the NOM features

0 Votes

Currently there are 2 products which are NNM and NOM. NOM has additional functionality included like NA and also has options like CDF and also integration to BVD. These features are missing for NNM.

There should be an option to use NOM with NNM license whereby only the features of NNM are enabled and if NOM license installed then you should be able to use the full features of NOM.

This will help to have one product and also the customers to be able to use the new enhancements of NOM and also to have it installed on CDF and integrations to BVD etc

Tags (2)
7 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Dear Submitter.

NNMi as a product can be deployed with NNMi or NOM license as of now.

With NOM license, it enables you to have Diagnostics Analytics, BVD export, etc. enabled. Also, with NOM license you can deploy additional components you mentioned above.

The same is true for NA as a product, where it can understand both NOM and NA license.

Given this, can you please clarify as to what exactly is the requirement here?

Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

You have mentioned that NNMi can be deployed with NNMi or NOM license.

I would like to know if NOM as a product can be deployed with NNMi Ultimate license as we would like to have Diagnostics Analytics, BVD export, etc. enabled

So basically i would like to know if i can use install NOM and use NNMi Ultimate license and get the features like Diagnostics Analytics, BVD export, etc. enabled

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Already Offered

Hi!

NOM as a product is a set of products, including NNMi. So, deploying NOM would mean deploying NNMi and other components that are part of NOM. Please have a look at https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Network_Operations_Management:2019.11/Home, and you would see the component on NOM, which provide a given capability of NOM.

Further, please note that features like Diagnostics Analytics, BVD export, etc. are enabled by NOM license and NNMi ultimate license would not enable these features,

I hope this clarifies.

Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I currently have NNM license. The NPS solution provided in NNM is useless and very slow. We have seen issue with the NPS reports when 10 users run the reports simultaneously the performance is reduced drastically  where a report that took 30 sec takes more than 20 to 30 min. This has been proven and demonstrated to Microfocus. The Sybase IQ DB used in NPS has its limitations

Due to this we need to go to the latest option of having  data in COSO and to report using BVD.

Currently in the NNM roadmap due you have this planned to have data in COSO and reporting through BVD. In this case i do not need NOM.

Since these are available in NOM i need to be able to use the NNM licenses to just use the NNM features with NA as the cost of migration from NNMi license to NOM is huge and does not justified

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Dear Submitter,

There are several customers who are using NPS with up to 40 simultaneous users. The report time depends on the kind of report we launch. I would not know if a slow report is caused by an issue with NPS deployment or a type of report being launched. I would suggest discussing the same with the support team.

COSO for reporting is not yet available for production for any license type as of now.

Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Dear Akash,

This issue has already been demonstrated to People from labs (I don’t want to mention names) when he had come to see the issue for NPS few years back and he had accepted the issue. The solution suggested was to export to and external DB like Oracle and do reporting from there 😊

Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I would suggest the least you could consider is to move from SybaseIQ to vertica for NPS as this is pending for long. This should have been planned from the time when Vertica was acquired

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.