New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE

iSPI Report With SLA Thresholds - Support multi-severity thresholds in NNMi

Idea ID 1641830

iSPI Report With SLA Thresholds - Support multi-severity thresholds in NNMi

Dear Experts,

Is it possible to get the iSPI Report for NNMi SPI for Metric , for Node Avaiability and Node Rechability Metrics with the SLA thresholds definition. Yes OOTB, iSPI for Metric collect these two metrics and reporting based on %. However is there a way, we can set SLA objective , like 98%  --> Met so reflect in Green, 95-98 % --> Minor violation thus reflect in the orange , less than 95%, its Red since SLA Breach. 

Any idea on this? Attaching the sample kind of report from OBR. however is it possible via iSPI. ?

8 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There is no such OOTB report but using Cognos Query Studio, one can create a report by specifying range thresholds (SLAs) and for each range value, one can color code the cells or columns. Have you tried using Query Studio yet?

Commodore Commodore
Commodore

thanks for your response. Indeed we did certain reports development using Query studio. however at 10.10 any "Range rhreshold" option as such havent light into my eyes. May you please be specific about this option, which exactly it is. Or anywehre in Manual?

Captain Captain
Captain

It would be great to finally have multipthreshold based alarming (CPU - 90% Minor, CPU 95% - Major, CPU 99% - Critical, etc.) in NNMi iSPI. Virtually every other vendor (Nokia Vitalnet, etc.) has it for years.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Let me send you a separate e-mail on visualizing the multi-level thresholds in NPS reports.

On Viliam's comments, I agree that multi-severity thresholds is a longer term item and that can serve both these purposes. In that context, I would also rename the idea header to include multi-severity threshold so that it is clear. We shall review this idea in the multi-severity threshold context then.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Keep voting..

Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Dear,

May you please share the documentation at loghanath@erasmtih. com

Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Finally Managed to achieve it using "Define Conditional styles" from Query Studio.

Commodore Commodore
Commodore

I am also interested of this visualization trick. Why not publish the document?

BR,

Vesselin.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.