Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
yadavmanoj78 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

CL to JCL conversion

I am working on an assignment where we need to convert AS400 CL to JCl (which will be executing on MicroFocus enterprise server or microfocus cobol executing engine).

Do we have AS400 CL equivalent commands for JCL or Shell Script or COBOL.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: CL to JCL conversion

No, there's no emulation of OS/400 CL in JCL, or in any other environment I'm aware of.

In the 1990s there were a few commercial software packages which emulated CL on other operating systems, such as California Software's Baby/4xx, but I don't know if any are still available.

There may be migration partners who offer CL-to-JCL conversion services; again, though, I don't know of any. Perhaps someone else will reply with more useful information.

CL, at least back when I was using it, is not a complex language, and someone with the appropriate skills should be able to develop a CL-to-something translator fairly easily. REXX might be a good target, or a mix of JCL and REXX.
0 Likes
ekariel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: CL to JCL conversion

I believe we may have a solution for you. Our products, The SCL Generator and Recovery Option ASPRO will generate SCL to run under Windows and OpenSCL. What we need is your COBOL source code and a flowchart. E-mail me at ekariel@ebecomputing.com if you are interested. Kind regards, Ebe.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.