Ensign
Ensign

DSRUN error 17,851,3 - panels v2 function Pf-Add-Resource returned error P2ERR-BAD-PARAMETER

hello,

I use Netexpress 2.0 with Dialog.

I've tried to show a bitmap image (x.bmp) from a master-field containing a path 'c:\folder\x.bmp'.

The system shows me an error:

DSRUN error 17,851,3
a panels v2 error ocurred
panels v2 function Pf-Add-Resource returned error P2ERR-BAD-PARAMETER

Could anyone help me to solve the problem ?

Thanks in advance.

R. Lima

0 Likes
10 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This error means that there was an issue to load the bitmap file. Can you open/edit the bitmap file in MS Paint?

The same error occurs when the DS runtime tries to load a non-supported image (e.g. jpg file).

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
Ensign
Ensign

Hello Fano,

thank you for your answer

yes, I can open/edit the file .bmp in MS Paint

could you suggest any other test I can do ?

regards,

R. Lima

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Can you try with another bitmap file to see if you get the same DS error?

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
Ensign
Ensign

Hello Fano,

I've tried with other bitmap (EXIT.BMP) but no success. It's occurred the same error.

(see atached print)

If you have other suggestion, I can do a new test.

thank you

R. Lima

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Since your bitmap files appear to be fine, the issue must be in Net Express 2.0. That version was released back in 1998, and many issues have been addressed since. I am unable to reproduce this issue with Net Express 5.1.

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

One more thing to check... Does this error occur if you do not use a folder name as part of the bitmap name? If you copy the bitmap to the current folder and try to run it do you get the same error?

0 Likes
Ensign
Ensign

hello Fano,

I understood your information.

Considering the possibility of issue be in Netexpress 2.0, please let me know if there is a kind of `patch` to apply on the version for solving the issue.

Thank you very much for your attention.

regards,

R. Lima

0 Likes
Ensign
Ensign

hello Chris,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I`ve tried the path C:\EXIT.BMP and also put the bitmap file in the current folder where is the exe file, but ocurred the same error.

My need is to show the product`s picture in an application for `crud` products.

Please let me know if you have some alternative solution for that.

regards,

R. Lima

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I believe there was only one DS patch that was released for Net Express 2.0, but I have no idea if that addresses your issue. You might want to contact your local Micro Focus support to obtain it.

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
Ensign
Ensign

Hello Fano,

All right. I'll check it.

thanks

R. Lima

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.