Highlighted
Souvik Absent Member.
Absent Member.

File open error while trying to Animate COBOL using Net Express

I am trying to animate a COBOL module using Net Express - Animator. I completed the below steps before trying to animate - 

1. I have set up a local server in my machine and copied the necessary input data files to my local disk.

2. We need to run test job in ES Console in Debug mode with 1 step which would contain the impacted Cobol module. I prepared the test job accordingly and as mentioned in Step 1, I copied all relevant input files and loadlib of impacted program to local disk.

3. In ES Console, Server --> Properties --> MTO --> JES --> General, the path for JES Program path, System Catalog, Default Allocated Dataset Location and System Procedure Library is present.

Under JES program path, I have put in the concatenation of network and local disk path. Under system catalog, I have mentioned location of Catalog.dat which was copied from network drive to local path. Under 'Default allocated dataset location', I have put in local and network path. Under system procedure library, I have put in the proc library path name.

4. Next, I open Net Express and the module I wish to debug. I click 'Start Animating' when a pop up window asks the executable or program name. I put in the *.int file equivalent of the Cobol module I wish to debug. 

5. With 'Step(F11)' click, system proceeds with animate. The issue occurs while it tries to open the 1st input file. While it tries to open a Datecard file, the system throws an error '13 File not found DATECARD'. Thus, debug does not proceed.

I checked that DATECARD file is already present in local disk and network drive as well. Can you please suggest?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Souvik Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: File open error while trying to Animate COBOL using Net Express

Hi All, Please help with your suggestions. Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.