Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to create web shares for Solo when using Windows 7?

Jump to solution

I am working on a COBOL web site using Net Express 5 and Solo.

For my images I want to use a web share directory "images". Solo by default has shares for cgi-bin and COBOL and has a comment "To share files, just start Windows Explorer and right click on the directory you want to share, then select "Properties" and the "Web Share" tab."  This worked for Windows XP, as Explorer gave the option to create web shares.  Under Windows 7 the only way I know to create web shares is via IIS - but there is no site for Solo, so I cannot create a web share or virtual directory.  Solo works happily without IIS on a test machine.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
The SOLO server was designed for older operating systems, and it is not fully supported on the more recent versions of Windows. Our recommendation is to use the web server that you intend to deploy the web applications to.
–Ғɑɳօ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
The SOLO server was designed for older operating systems, and it is not fully supported on the more recent versions of Windows. Our recommendation is to use the web server that you intend to deploy the web applications to.
–Ғɑɳօ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.