Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
mf_galberico1 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I/O error : file 'SORTWK3'

Jump to solution

hi,

I run cobol program with net-express 5.1 wp 16 (work fine in mainframe and Enterpise developer.)

but on my net express project I have this error:

I/O error : file 'SORTWK3'
error code: 3/5 (ANS85), pc=0, call=1, seg=0
13 File not found

Can I solve with compiler directive or other?

thanks

bye

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: I/O error : file 'SORTWK3'

Jump to solution
Can you provide more details? Have you tried to debug the program to see where in the program this error occurs? What data file is involved and where does the file reside? etc.
–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Can you provide more details? Have you tried to debug the program to see where in the program this error occurs? What data file is involved and where does the file reside? etc.
–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
mf_galberico1 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution
I solved,
the error message was on SORTWK3 but in reality it was input files F30NDLI missing.
F30NDLI was not set and in the program was missing OPEN INPUT F30NDLI.
After having set it, the program has terminated correctly.
I have changed program to give a clearer message, if the file is missing must give file status 35 on F30NDLI instead of SORTWK3.

SORT SORTWK3 ON ASCENDING KEY SD3-555-REC
USING F30NDLI
GIVING F30NDL0.

thanks
bye
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.