Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Java Calling Simple Cobol in Net Express 5.1

Jump to solution

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 24 April 2011]

Hi ,

Can any one provide a simple example for using cobol and java.

I am working on AIX 6.1 using IBM JDK1.4. We have Microfocus net express 5.1 installed on AIX. I want to try calling a Simple Cobol shared program from Java. A hello world example would help me.

Any help in this regards is much appreciated.

Regards

Hithesh
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
I believe that you are running Server Express 5.1 and the Java support for this product should be in the product documentation.

The Java support in Server Express is the same that you will find in Visual COBOL Eclipse native support, (not JVM version).

Check out the documentation for this on-line at the following link:

Calling COBOL from Java in Visual COBOL Unix

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
I believe that you are running Server Express 5.1 and the Java support for this product should be in the product documentation.

The Java support in Server Express is the same that you will find in Visual COBOL Eclipse native support, (not JVM version).

Check out the documentation for this on-line at the following link:

Calling COBOL from Java in Visual COBOL Unix

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.