Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
pavlli Contributor.
Contributor.

Licencing Server 5.1

I am trying to add my serial number to my account on supportline.microfocus.com, because I don't have Server 5.1 in my download section here, and I need download updates.

I have this Licence card

But what part should I use as serial number? I try to use Serial Number and Licence Number from this cards, but in both cases, I got message, that serial number wasn't found.

Or updates for Server 5.1 are downloaded somehow another way? In my download section I have only Net Express 5.1. And I have install CD for Server 5.1 wrap pack 6, but I need wrap pack 10 (same as I have on Net Express).

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Licencing Server 5.1

Hi.

The License card shown here is the one which is provided with the Net Express development product and not the Server 5.1 product. This serial number and license number is not a serial number and license for an actual Server 5.1 product but instead is a test license which you can install and use in a development environment to test your application running under the Server 5.1 files which are provided as a subset of the Net Express product. This serial number and license can be installed in Apptrack but will expire every 30 days and will have to be installed again.

If you purchased a separate Server 5.1 product to use in production then it is that serial number that you would have to use and you would only be able to use this in the product downloads section if the serial number is current on maintenance. I would recommend that you open up a support incident with Customer Support and we can look into this for you.

Thanks.
0 Likes
pavlli Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Chris,
yes that is my case. I need this to test my application on different environments. So how can I update to wrap pack 10 on this? Is possible to install this testing version of Server 5.1, and then copy necessary files from my current Net Express installation?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

[quote user="pavlli"]So how can I update to wrap pack 10 on this?[/quote]

You need to add a valid serial number of Server 5.1 into your product profile in order to access and download the WrapPacks (or Updates) of Server 5.1.

[quote user="pavlli"]Is possible to install this testing version of Server 5.1, and then copy necessary files from my current Net Express installation?[/quote]

I suggest contacting your account manager to obtain a trial version of Server 5.1.

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.