New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Net Express 5.0

I'm using NetExpress 5.0 since... yesterday. I used Netexpress 3.1  many years ago.

I cam compile all my project, after its conversion, but I can't obtain the exe file i DON'T KNOW WHY.

Anybody can help me?

Many thanks.

J. Marques

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

In the Project Window you must clic on package files and select *.exe *.dll or whatever you need. Otherwise you get only an *.int file

Rolf

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That´s what I've defined. I want to create a exe file. However, when the compiler is building the exe file, I reveive a message "Rebuilding         RELEASE\menuj.exe

Rebuild complete with errors". It seems to me that the link is not running well...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Can you please enable the "Verbose build output", which can be accessed from clicking Options > Project? This will cause to display more details when you rebuild the executable, and you should be able to see more details about the error.

Regards,

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have already enabled that option, but I can't see anything  that could allow me to solve this issue.

I'm using Educational version of NetExpress 5.0, and I have another problem: I can't compile a program with more than 2200 lines!!!

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The educational versions of Net Express do have a limit of 2200 lines as they are meant to be used in a limited capacity. If you want to do any serious development you will have to get a fully licensed version of the product.

Net Express 3.1 and 5.0 are very old products and are not supported anymore. The latest product line is Visual COBOL which supports all the latest operating systems. There is a Personal Edition version of Visual COBOL which is free and is used for education purposes.

--------------------

If you are not seeing any errors and no .exe is being generated then you might try compiling from the command line using the cbllink command as this may provide a more robust error message for you.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.