Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
pavlli Contributor.
Contributor.

Net Express 5.1 remote debug part 2

Sorry about starting new post, but the first one it's seems dead, and important information are hidden within many posts.

I need to setup remote debug between two machines with Windows Server OS. I am able to use remote debug when on both machines (development and application) is Net Express installed.

But I hope, that there is a way to have Net Express installed only on development machine, and on application machine is only end-user runtime, but I am unable to make it.

Please what should I deploy on application machine to get this work?

In my case, I have only 2 Net Express licences, but I have one development machine and five application machine (with different versions of my application).

Thanks a lot for any suggestion.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Net Express 5.1 remote debug part 2

I had this working with a development machine running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and a remote machine running Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit. The only things different I did are the following:

1. Applied Update 16 on both Net Express 5.1 and Server 5.1
  2. Compiled my application with INITCALL(CBL_DEBUGBREAK) besides ANIM and the other directives
  3. Used port number 56789
–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
pavlli Contributor.
Contributor.

Ok, thanks for answer. Please how to install Server 5.1 on application machine? I found install steps only for Linux, but I need it for Windows.
0 Likes
Neil Hayes Absent Member.
Absent Member.

In the Net Express 5.1 box was an additional disc I think....which had the Server 5.1 install.

Server 5.1 would normally be your end user runtime so you should have, it otherwise how are you going to ship your product.

If you have an application server license the install should be available to download via supportline too.

0 Likes
pavlli Contributor.
Contributor.

I am developing module to existing product. So I am not really shiping it to client. But I will search with our IT administrator for our licences and install packs
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.