Highlighted
rudydev Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Net Express is the old Micro Focus?

Jump to solution

I last used micro focus in 2000, So Net Express is the old Micro Focus correct? I know that the company got bought out, not sure.....
I been away from COBOL for about 5 years and like to get back into it.
I am unemployed at the moment. I figure this would be a great way to refresh myself with COBOL
Used to work with CRM systems for a mainframe but used to do the bulk of the work using MicroFocus on a PC.

Suggestions on how I should proceed? 

Thanks
Rudy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Net Express is the old Micro Focus?

Jump to solution

The latest COBOL offering from Micro Focus is the Visual COBOL product line. This supersedes Net Express 5.1.

We have a personal edition of this product that you can download and use for free, if you would like to take a look.

Please go to main mage of microfocus.com and search for Visual COBOL PE. This will take you to a registration page for the PE product.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Net Express is the old Micro Focus?

Jump to solution

The latest COBOL offering from Micro Focus is the Visual COBOL product line. This supersedes Net Express 5.1.

We have a personal edition of this product that you can download and use for free, if you would like to take a look.

Please go to main mage of microfocus.com and search for Visual COBOL PE. This will take you to a registration page for the PE product.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.