Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
greiner Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Netexpress 5.0 on Win7

After booting my win7 32bit machine and starting Netexpress 5.0 with double-click on the Icon i become twice times the Screen with licence Windows, licence not valid. By the third click on the Icon Netexpress 5.0 will started correctly.

Is this Problem known by microfocus and can we have a Resolution?

This is each time after restarting the os!

Who can help?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Netexpress 5.0 on Win7

Hi.

You could try a reset as documented here.

If you are running on a VM and the hardware ID’s are changing, then this can cause issues with the URK licensing.

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Net-Express-Server-Express/After-Windows-10-major-update-the-Net-Express-5-1-license-is/ta-p/1739087

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

I work on win7 32 bit with all patches and nothing change on the hardware side or software side. Yes, it is a virtual machine on vmware fusion 11.1.1 on mac osx catalina 10.15.6. Only shutdown the virtual machine and starting will have this situation. 2x Licence information, the third start will be ok for Netexpress 5.0!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi.

Unfortunately you are running the Net Express URK licensing in an environment it was never designed for.   The URK Licensing takes a fingerprint of your machines hardware and the license it tired to that.  With VM images these values can change each time a machine is booted.   There is internal re-try code which allows for some changes hardware changes, which is why I suspect to works on the third attempt on the icon.

The work around for VM images and Net Express is to install a URK license server on a physical Windows Server which the VM images can pick up.

Honored Contributor.

I have work many years without problems with licence, and since any weeks, i had this situation.

This is not a problem, i must click 3 times on the icon, than all is good.

I want only share this information and hear if other have the same or a solution!

Thanks

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Net Express 5.0 has never been tested nor certified on Windows 7, so we can't really tell what kind of issues or behaviors you may run into. I believe Net Express 5.0 is certified up to Windows Vista.

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.