Highlighted
shelu0273 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Not able to start micro focus Enterprise Server Administration

hi 

while start micro focus enterprise server Administration 

getting following error 

MDS2000E Admin ID "mfuser" failed to start server process using "" under system ID "SYSTEM", error: -1

0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Not able to start micro focus Enterprise Server Administration

When asking a question about Enterprise Server, please include the product version, operating system, operating system version, and bitness (32- or 64-bit region).

It's not clear from your question what you're doing. What commands or operations are you performing, and where does that error message appear?
0 Likes
innopinno
New Member.

Re: RE: Not able to start micro focus Enterprise Server Administration

We have a user with the exact same problem at my Company. He is trying to start up his server and we are using Micro Focus Enterprise Developer Team Edition 4.0 on a Visual Studio Professional 2017. Operating system is Windows 10, 64 bits. The full message he gets is this:
MDS2000E Admin ID "mfuser" failed to start server process using "" under system ID "SYSTEM", error: -1 13:21:36 10/08/19
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Please post this in the Enterprise Developer forum. The message you replied to was posted in the wrong forum.

It's not clear from your post what action the user performed which triggered that message.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I don't see a code path in the current source that could produce the message you're seeing, so this may be something that has been fixed since whatever update level of 4.0 you're running was released. Do you have the latest patch update for 4.0 installed?

0 Likes
innopinno
New Member.

No we don't as we had severe issues arising when we installed it. One user had the whole installation of Micro Focus uninstall itself after Three Days of use and I also ran into so many problems that we chose to uninstall it on my computer also. We have since then not dared to install any patches or new releases. We are at the moment converting all of our Cobol programmes into C# to shift to running Visual Studio only so to spend weeks trying to fix problems like that is no option for us. We have an Environment that works for everyone else but this user. In other Words, I would be very happy if you could find a reason for his problems that we can solve where it is so to speak.
Kind regards, Ingrid
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I don't see a code path that can produce that result in the base 4.0 code, either. You can either post in the correct forum, as I suggested above, to see if you receive an answer there; or you can open a support incident.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.