Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Project with NetExpress 5.1 free

Hello,
I have a small project in netexpress 5.1 free that will run only 3 months.

I developed an exe project in netexpress and wanted to know which dll I need to put together to run on Windows XP.

Which files tell the client to run without needing NetEpxress.

Thanks.

Cláudio Miguel Müller

claudiomiguelmuller@hotmail.com

www.meugibi.com

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I am not sure what you are referring to when you say Net Express "free"?

The name of the run-time file is cblrtss.dll (single-threaded) or cblrtsm.dll (multi-threaded) but you may require other files depending on what your application is doing.

In order to deploy an application built with Net Express you have to have a licensed Server version of the product. Depending on the Net Express product you are using this might have a name like Application Server or Server for COBOL or Server 5.1.

If you are using the Net Express Academic version of the product then you are not allowed to deploy your application to a production environment as it is only to be used as a teaching tool.

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thank you
I'll see another solution.

Thanks.

Cláudio Miguel Müller

claudiomiguelmuller@hotmail.com

www.meugibi.com

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.