New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Commodore
Commodore

SQL statement in Unicode variable

Jump to solution

Hi,

please is possible to have SQL statement in PIC N variable? I need this because in WHERE condition I have variable with Chinese characters, and I am worried, if I try to convert it, I will loose these chars. Because computer on this program runs have English locale.

Is there any solution for such a case?

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
What database are you accessing and what embedded SQL technology are you using?
If you are using OpenESQL to access your database through ODBC then you can define your host variables as PIC N data-types and they will be treated as Unicode.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
What database are you accessing and what embedded SQL technology are you using?
If you are using OpenESQL to access your database through ODBC then you can define your host variables as PIC N data-types and they will be treated as Unicode.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.