Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Highlighted
BorisM Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Transfering licence to other computer

It is posible that I must have payed maintenance for transfering program to new computer ?

I need response key for activation of Net Express 4.0 but technical support will not do it without maintenance.

So if my computer tomorow crashes I can not install program I have payed ???

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Transfering licence to other computer

You should not need a response key if you are moving your NX license to a new computer. You would instead generate a revoke key from the License Manager and this will remove the license from the old machine and generate a new license that can be used on the new machine.

You can also do this during the uninstall process. When you uninstall NX on the old computer it will ask you if you wish to retain the current license. You would answer no and then it will generate a revoke key and save it in a file. You can then use the revoke key to license the NX product on the new machine.

Be aware though that NX 4.0 may not even install on newer operating systems. The only NX version that is supported on Windows 7 is NX 5.1. Anything higher than Windows 7 is only supported with Visual COBOL.
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Actually I stand corrected. I was thinking of Safenet licensing for our Visual COBOL product. For Net Express you would have to generate the revoke key on the old computer and a request key on the new computer.

If you email me these keys along with your serial number to chris.glazier@microfocus.com then I will generate a new response key for you.

What I said about supported and unsupported operating systems still applies though.
BorisM Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I want to use it on Windows 7 - Windows XP Mode.
Thank you for kind response!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.