Is there a way of removing the Application Completed dialog box.

Is there a way of removing the Application Completed dialog box.

Problem:

Is there a way of removing the "Application Completed" dialog box.

Resolution:

There are three ways to "remove" the application completed message box:

1) You can run/LINK your programs as a character application rather than graphical.

2) You can clear the screen prior to the STOP RUN i.e.

display spaces at 0101.

3) On the "Settings" option of the application window you can check "Disable

Termination Prompt".

The message box is created so that a user could read any information on the screen prior to the application completing and the window disappearing.

Old KB# 7062

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Comments

Is there a solution for removing the "Application Complete" that everyone but me sees or did people give up after a few years?  Marking the application as "Console Based" rather than graphic simply swaps the dialog box for the black console box.  I cannot find the "Settings option of the application window" anywhere and I have no idea what "clear the screen prior to STOP RUN" refers to.

Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 17:37
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.