Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Automatic Device Activation

Jump to solution

Hey Everyone !

When I deactivated a device on NA, NA is changed the device status and made the device active again even-though is not accessing the device. 

I checked my jobs and tasks, nothing working in those specific hours. If I check the device events, there is a 'device managed' event worked in that hour but not writing whom run it or which tasks triggered it to run. 

I have also NNMi which is integrated to NA. Status of the same device in NNMi seems Out of Service, because NNMi can automatically understand the device is down and change its status. However, I do not think that NNMi is responsible for the problem that is occurring in NA. 

I can simply deleted the unused devices but I want to keep them restored as deactivated devices.

Could you kindly help me to solve this problem ? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Check the NA Integration form in NNMi (NNMi - NA Integration Configuration) and see if "Activate/Deactivate Device in NA" is checked.  If it is, then if the node is in NNMi, then NNMi is going to connect to NA and activate it (daily).  Can't recall what version this was added in (10.3 perhaps).  So, if you don't have this option, something else is going on.  

Now, if you delete the device from NA, NNMi will just add that device back to NA (if it is in the integration node group).  

Hope this helps.

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Check the NA Integration form in NNMi (NNMi - NA Integration Configuration) and see if "Activate/Deactivate Device in NA" is checked.  If it is, then if the node is in NNMi, then NNMi is going to connect to NA and activate it (daily).  Can't recall what version this was added in (10.3 perhaps).  So, if you don't have this option, something else is going on.  

Now, if you delete the device from NA, NNMi will just add that device back to NA (if it is in the integration node group).  

Hope this helps.

Chris

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.
Chris,
Thanks for your revealing reply.
I changed it now, tomorrow I will check again and let you know.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi, if you uncheck the box, you may fix one issue and break something else.  This gets used both to activate and deactivate, so if unchecked, NNMi won't' active the devices unexpected, but it won't deactivate them when expected.  There might be a way around this and we saw different behavior in earlier versions, so just something to keep in mind.

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.
Chris,
I really appreciate it, thank you.
However, I've already figured that out before I changed it.
I will be constantly checking both of them to avoid a cheesy surprise.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.