Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Can Service Now be integrated with MF NA to do a network lookup for a request/catalog item?

I have a project to automate IP Requests.  The components are: Service  Now Request/Catalog/Flow Designer/Integration hub,  InfoBlox and MF NA.  Currently we do a look-up in NA to validate the network tier for the user that is submitting the request.  This is very helpful as most users have no idea what network to select.  Does MF NA provide and integration path directly to ServiceNow without using a HPOO in the middle?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I'd be more than happy to be wrong, but far as I know, the answer is "no".  

There may be some custom work that might be found in the the marketplace that someone else has done:

https://www.microfocus.com/en-us/products/network-automation/overview

If you had NA managing the Infoblox, you might be able to parse the data from there...but not sure that'd be easy to do but then you wouldn't need an integration to get the data (unless there's something within SN that isn't in the Infoblox that you need).  

Other idea I have would be use ServiceNow's automation application, though frankly not sue that'd buy you much since you have OO now.  

Other thought, and again not sure if it'd buy you a ton, but if you did the same sort of integration and populated NA's Resource Identity Pools (perhaps this is what you're doing).  If not, just go to your NA core and tack on /resourceIDPools.list.do?queryName=ResourceIDPoolsList.  I've heard of people using this for what you're talking about.  

Good luck,

Chris

Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Thank you Chris,  That is what I was expecting, but I wanted to see if others had any success?  

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.