Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. quyenta Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Can not login NA 9.10

I am using HP NA 9.10 windows ( MSSQL DB). Now I can not login with local user, but some user which integration with AD can login NA.

Some errors email from NA after reset server:

-    Monitor: DatabaseDataMonitorDescription: Monitor for checking to make sure required data is held in the database.New Status: ErrorNew Result: Could not find an Inventory group snapshot.Could not find a reporting task.Previous Status: NonePrevious Result:

-    Monitor: FTPMonitorDescription: Monitor for checking the status of the FTP server.New Status: ErrorNew Result: The FTP user or password are not set.Previous Status: NonePrevious Result:

-    Monitor: LDAPMonitorDescription: Monitor for checking the status of an LDAP server.New Status: ErrorNew Result: Exception in LDAPMonitor: javax.naming.NamingException: LDAP response read timed out, timeout used:5000ms.Previous Status: NonePrevious Result:

-    Monitor: TelnetMonitorDescription: Monitor for checking the status of the telnet server built into the system.New Status: ErrorNew Result: Timeout waitingExpected: NA Login:Received: Welcome to Microsoft Telnet Service   login: Previous Status: NonePrevious Result:

pls help me in this.

THanks,

0 Likes
3 Replies
Chris_Powers Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Can not login NA 9.10

Hello,

Not sure I can help with all of your questions / issues, but at least a few:

The message about a Snapshot task, did you or someone delete the default Snapshot task?  Go to Tasks / Scheduled Tasks and you should see something like this:

DateXXX     Take Snapshot    Inventory    Pending     3     some_ID     System task to regularly poll for device configuration changes. 

If not, looks like it was deleted, NA wants this to exist - you can pause it but it wants something there.  You can schedule one and that error should clear.  

The FTP error:  Go to Admin / Admin Settings / Device Access / FTP and SCP Device Access and set credentials.  I think you need to at least restart (start) that service.  

For the others, it'd be a bit of a guess, but the telnet one, you may not have the port avaialble or settings configured - check Admin / Admin Settings / Telnet / SSH and go down that page and make sure things are configured correctly.  

For the local user - you can try to create a new local user ID and see if you can log in.  If not, you can turn up logging and check the logs to see what is displayed.  

Hope this helps,

Chris

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Javier_Coto_NA Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello quyenta, 

Thanks for use HPNA forums to address your concerns. 

All the email errors are being generated by the monitors of each services into HPNA. As Chris suggested, we need to check the services settings. Please follow the suggestions provided by him and let us know the outcomes. 

Regarding to the local users issue, please go to Admin -> Administrative Settings -> User Authentication -> External Authentication Type and provide us with the current setting. 

Also, please check with the LDAP admin if the affected users have something different against the users that are working fine. 

Thanks in advance. 

Best regards, 

Javier Coto R. | SW Technical Support Consultant.
Network Automation
Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
LeHuy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dear Chris and Javier

This case is
I am using HP NA 9.10 windows ( MSSQL DB).
At first, we use AD user to login webUI
early this month, i switch User Authentication- External Authentication Type between "none" (to login with local NA user) and "LDAP" (to login with user AD) to test. It works fine with both type
But last week,after i change External Authentication Type from "None" back to "LDAP"
it has some problem

i can login with my user AD
although, in test login in LDAP setting it is success (in the session login with local user which is in group Administrator) -
this issue is only happen with user AD in group Administrator
we have two more group with less permision, and all user in this two group can login nomally

pls help me
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.